Pages

Friday 1 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey- Day 1 (Practise)

Hi everyone, today i'm going to show you my idea of an New Zealand flag that Meagan actually helped me with. Megan is an person that is helping our school with the Summer Learning School Journey activity. Thanks Megan for helping our class get into this amazing activity that will help us during summer. I will show you the flag then explain why I choose those colours.

I chose the blue colour because Europeans came to New Zealand and became part of this culture and I couldn't find a dark blue so I did a lighter shad of blue. I also did the black to represent the black that is on the New Zealand flag. Thanks to Megan for helping me with this idea. The anchor is representing the pacific people that comes in the boats all the way to New Zealand to get a better life and education for their kids. The red is just for fun and I thought it actually looked fine so yeah.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tulei,

    This flag design is excellent. I love how you have thought about the way pacific islanders and Europeans have traveled to New Zealand to find a better life. Have you thought about whether the Red and Black could represent Maori as the native people of New Zealand? The Maori, Tino Rangatiratanga, flag is red, white, and black. I think you have done a great job including a number of cultures into your design.

    I am so excited to hear your enthusiasm for the Summer Learning Journey. I can't wait to hear about the activities your do.

    Have a lovely day,
    Megan from the Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ni hao Tulei,

    I like the use of colours you’ve used in your design and how you’ve explained what they mean. I love that you included an anchor to represent our Pacifica people who were voyagers.

    Maybe next time you could include a symbol, shape or colour to represent our Māori people who are a very important part of New Zealand’s history and identity.

    Think about any Māori patterns or colours you could use in a new design or add on to your existing design. What patterns or colours do you think would be appropriate?

    I look forward to reading more of your posts, keep up the good work.

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อตฝาก20รับ100 เว็บสล็อตโบนัสแตกง่าย สล็อต ได้เงินจริง สามารถเล่นได้บนโทรศัพท์มือถือ ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง

    ReplyDelete